Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Blog...

So I am new to this blogging thing...not sure how I feel about it, considering my deep-seated aversion to the facebook, myspace and the like. My ludite-self has been completely rigid in the adaptation of new technology, be it my insistence on continuing to use my discman or my downright stubborn refusal to accept my little brother's invitations to join the facebook. I have been completely immoveable in these beliefs and practices, which have almost become personal metaphors for my own principled commitment and semi-clueless steadfastness.

However, in the coming months I will truly be without borders!
It has been a long time coming...

I think that this blog will be an excellent way to communicate with you all, barring completely unreliable internet service of course, which will be an experience in its own right. When was the last time I wasn't able to check my email at the snap of my finger, google subway directions and midtown cross-streets, research acronyms and random french phrases?


This will be a place to record my experiences and adventures, trials and tribulations and general wanderings of my overactive imagination and roving mind...


Speak soon,
K



4 comments:

Ibn Awa said...

Bring it on! I look forward to hearing about your work. And that bit about holding onto your idealism? I sincerely, very sincerely, wish you luck. If anyone can do it, you can.

Thalita Villela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thalita Villela said...

Beautiful,
I've just read everything that you posted, i am very excited to hear from you!
I knew you would fall in love with the people over there.

We are missing you loads!
And remember what Alexander the Great once said...
I am very proud of you
Love

Unknown said...

HOMES!!! i love you and am so happy that you arrived safely. i'm so excited for you! what an amazing girl you are! keep me updated, philly misses you.