Thursday, December 11, 2008

12 Dec - Myeadogo

I leave for Lomé tomorrow morning. I have 2 final meetings scheduled in the afternoon and Inno will meet me in the evening at his frère's house. My flight is Saturday (of course at 4AM, as the rest of the world does not consider Togo when planning international airline plans and there is always one flight per day at some ung-dly hour)

It's as if I closed my eyes, opened them to a riot of color, smiles, pagnes and palms, and then, upon blinking a second time, a month has gone by...

I now live simultaneously in two distinct and comprehensive worlds, separated not only by an ocean but by many immeasurable miles of cultural complexity. One day I will understand the reconciliation of the two, but for now, I will just revel in the beauty of both places and the people that live in each one, and try to imagine how lucky I am to have the chance to inhabit both.

It is not easy.

Stay tuned for the next season of the Yovo Show, when SunPower Afrique moves from inspiration, research and planning, to realisation and execution.

No comments: