Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snowed in NY...New Travel Dates Dec 22 - Jan 6

I suppose it could be worse...well it always could...but...

35 mile backup on the NJ Turnpike due to mass panic over a Northeaster, then over a foot of snow = Kira is not nearly as close to the equator as she should be right now...instead of Casablanca I am sitting in my sister's Brooklyn apartment trying to remain prepared (mentally and otherwise) for my trip. This entails not unpacking my jammed backpack because I want that t-shirt that is rolled up and stuffed in the bottom left corner, attempting not to overanalyze the reason I missed that plane and simply containing my dissapointment and frustration...I had this trip planned perfectly!!

Next flight to Lome is on Tuesday. And I will be on it. Better late than never. And I guess it WILL be kind of cool to show everyone in Togo photos of a foot of snow, the Dyker Heights Christmas light show and other winter wonderland-ness as the reason I was delayed a few days.

My next post will most likely be from a sweaty cyber cafe. I can't wait to get there. But I must admit, I did enjoy the snow.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

I loved exploring Casablanca and its airport with you! Hope you made it to Lome safely.
-Shelby