Friday, December 11, 2009

Thank You...and one week to the beautiful return...

I am in between.

One week ago I was running around frantically finalizing logistics for SunPower Afrique's benefit event. One week from now I will be on my way back to West Africa, greeting l'Harmattan, my FECECAV family and a so-close-to-the-pilot-project-we-can-taste-it excitement in Kpalime.

As I have noted before, it is strange to coexist in these two worlds, both working towards the same goal and equally critical spaces of influence, productivity and resources. Today, on December 11th, 2009, I am directly in the middle :)

I'm so lucky.

While I am taking this trip over the holidays to relax, take some deep breaths and revel in the African pace of life and work (18Dec - 3Jan) I will of course be busy while on the ground...everything is easier to accomplish face-to-face, without exorbitantly expensive phone calls and crackling connections, without language barriers and borders...

I will update kirawithoutborders while I am away, as per tradition. Thank you so much to everyone who attended our benefit last week, it was special to be surrounded and supported by such a wonderful group of people helping to make this all happen. Special thanks to my volunteers - without you the Celebration would not have been possible.

We are moving closer to the first Solar Loans and FECECAV's solar system...the word is OUT! SunPower Afrique is making moves. 2010 will be a big year.

No comments: