Monday, December 28, 2009

Trouble With the Blog in Paradise...I mean Africa...

Shocking I know...

I'm really not sure if it's the Microsoft Word circa 1985, the viruses or my USB but I can't seem to get my blogs to open...since I write them on my laptop and then use my precious (and expensive!) internet time for uploading, I have to doanload them and do a simple copy and paste. But we all know "simple" in Togo is un autre chose.

And believe me I have tried...yesterday I waited for the cyber café to open "in the afternoon," which finally happened at 4pm (it is amazing how patient I am here, as I've said before, no one who knows me and my work ethic would believe it) but to no avail. I have however written 3 blogs and will post them as soon as possible, as I am sure you're all chomping at the bit :)

All is well in Togo, I am eating fufu almost 3 times per day, my solar panels have finally arrived and I am trés contente.

Stay tuned...merry merry to everyone from Kpalimé.

Smoky, sweet air, 95 degrees, raw onions, humming motos and giggling toddlers, fingers snapping and tongues hissing...bliss...

2 comments:

solaradvocate said...

I think the blog ate the posting I just tried to leave so instead of repeating it in case it does show up (you can tell I'm an amateur blogger!), I'll just say that I AM chomping at the bit to read your next blog installment while I chomp on leftover cookies, fudge and other chocolate goodies. Looking forward to more Kira adventures. Happy New Year. M.

Blogger said...

You might be eligible for a new government solar rebate program.
Find out if you are qualified now!